Recipe Type: Vegetable
Serves: 2 to 4
baking the squash to use in place of spaghetti noodles
- one ripe spaghetti squash
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash outside of the squash
- Prepare the squash for baking one of two ways:
- Cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds
- Put both halves face down on baking sheet
- Cook until you can poke a fork all the way through
- Usually 45 to 60 minutes depending on size. OR
- If the squash is too hard to cut in half
- Poke a hole in uncut squash for the steam to escape
- Put on baking sheet
- Cook until you can easily poke a fork in it.
- Usually 60 to 90 minutes depending on size
- Cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Using an oven mitt to protect your hand hold it upright
- Using your other hand to scrape the squash out with a fork
- It comes out in strands.
- Can be eaten plain or with butter, Parmesan cheese and/or your favorite pasta sauce.